This e-learning course covers the subject area of communication in the workplace. This is the process of exchanging information, both verbally and non-verbally, within an organisation. It can support the delivery of several qualifications that are available from Highfield as well as several of the new apprenticeship standards.
Topics covered on this course include:
- the communication cycle
- communication in different contexts
- types of communication
- barriers to communication
- inclusive communication
- overcoming barriers to communication
- effective communication in the workplace
- consequences of ineffective communication
The apprenticeship standards that this course supports the delivery of include:
- Level 2 Commis Chef
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner
- Level 2 Healthcare Support Worker
- Level 2 Hospitality Team Member
- Level 2 Large Goods Vehicle (LGV) Driver
- Level 2 Retailer
- Level 2 Supply Chain Operator
- Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative
- Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor
- Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker
- Level 3 Retail Team Leader
- Level 3 Senior Healthcare Support Worker
- Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor
- Level 4 Retail Manager
- Level 5 Healthcare Assistant Practitioner
- Level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager
This course also supports the delivery of the following qualifications, which have been developed by Highfield Qualifications in line with the new standards:
- Highfield Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service (RQF)
- Highfield Level 2 Diploma in Working as a Commis Chef (RQF)
- Highfield Level 2 Diploma for Retailers (RQF)
- Highfield Level 2 Certificate for Supply Chain Operators (RQF)
- Highfield Level 2 Certificate for Warehouse Operatives (RQF)
- Highfield Level 2 Diploma for Hospitality Team Members (RQF)
- Highfield Level 3 Diploma in Management (RQF)
- Highfield Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management (RQF)
Why choose RT e-learning?
The use of interactive quizzes and simulation tasks, based on realistic scenarios from genuine workplace environments, means E-Learners can more readily acquire skills and knowledge meaningful to their own work-based practices.
E-Learning can accommodate many different learning styles and can engage the learner via a range of rich and stimulating approaches, which are more relevant to the subject requirements, than can often be achieved in normal classroom-based learning.
We are registered as an approved centre with Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance; a global leader in regulated and work-based learning qualifications. Highfield is regulated by Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, SQA Accreditation, the Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA), and the Security Industry Authority (SIA).
Highfield is also recognised by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) as an apprentice assessment organisation (AAO) and registered on the Register of Apprentice Assessment Organisations (RoAAO).
As a direct result of this commitment, we can guarantee the fulfilment of our client’s needs and be assured of our client’s satisfaction.
For further information on this course or to discuss any further requirements please use our form or call 03333 44 2176